Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Poem of the day

--TO GOD BE THE GLORY--



MY CHILD

I watched you from a distance
As you danced under the sun
Each golden ray made just for you
My child, my special one

Then the rain began to fall
And you sat with me to see
We huddled close together
My dear child and me

The wind it blew so strongly
It whipped us fierce and cold
I took you into my arms
My dear child I did hold

When the thunder roared
So bold, so loud, so wild
I held you closer to my heart
My love, my special child

Then lightening broke the darkness
It made you shake with fear
I protected you with all I had
My child, my love, my dear

Then as the sun shone again
It brought a rainbow too
One I painted in the sky
My child, it was for you

When life seems so difficult
When it seems too much to bear
I’ll protect you from the darkness
My child, I’m always there

When you feel scared and lonely
I will keep you near my heart
I am always there for you
My child, we never part

I am the Lord your Father
Like the rainbow I made you too
I made you perfect just for me
My child, I do love you.

~ Natalie Sommerville ~
North Yorkshire, England

No comments:

Post a Comment