Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

daily devotional

John 15:2 He removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit.
One of the things we've all done in our lives is run away from problems.  Don't like this person, ditch them.  Don't like my boss, change jobs.  Don't like my wife, divorce her.
That's how it goes in this world.  Everything' disposable these days.
But what if it wasn't meant to be like that?
One day, when I was contemplating running away from something - a situation that was causing me a lot of pain - God just did this powerful thing inside me, and convinced me to stay right where I was.  Right in the middle of that painful situation.
Didn't make sense at the time, and it hurt like - well, it hurt like hell.  At least what I imagine hell would be like.
Years later, I looked back on that as one of the defining moments in my life.  A time when God pruned some of the dead branches of my life so that I could flourish.
Sometimes, sometimes where meant to bloom, right where He planted us.

No comments:

Post a Comment