Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

daily devotional

"He made it a law for Israel
  when he attacked Egypt to set us free.
I heard an unknown voice say,
'Now I will take the load from your shoulders;
 I will free your hands from their heavy tasks.
You cried to me in trouble, and I saved you;
 I answered out of the thundercloud
 and tested your faith when there was no water at Meribah.'"

Psalm 81:5-7


encouragement for today

What "heavy tasks" burden you today? God's law is that when you cry to him and trust him, he will save you. That offer is already, and always, in place. He wants freedom for us, not slavery. So if you feel burdened, if you feel enslaved, that is not God's will for you. The test is, will you trust him? At Meribah, the people complained there was no water. God provided it, but their lack of faith prevented them from getting it like they should have. Trust, and let God himself lift your burdens as you cry to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment