Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thoughts

Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

The sun is peeking through the cracks in the shade. I hear the first few birds, heralding the new day's dawn. My eyes are closed, but my mind is at work.
It is here, in the quiet calm before the day's hustle and bustle begins, that I give the day to God. Before my feet even touch the floor, I have met with my Maker in my mind, handing over to Him each event that the coming day holds. It is a moment of transcedent peace that floods my soul and keeps me singing the rest of the day through.
Do you feel stressed? Are life's worries warping your joy? Are you in such a hurry that you've lost sight of what's most important? Then stop. Be still. In the silence, seek Him. Know Him. Know that He alone controls every moment of your day. He ordains all the challenges you will face. And He holds the solution: Himself. As you sit at His feet, feel the weight of the world lift from your shoulders. Let His love rain down and nourish the parched places of your soul. Then rejoice in song because He has set you free. He will be exalted among the nations, among your family members, and in your heart. He will be exalted in the earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment