Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Word of the Day

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God who richly provides us with everything..." 1 Timothy 6:17 (NIV)
         
Devotion:
It seems you can hardly turn anywhere today without seeing reminders of economic hardships.  During the past couple of years the unemployment rate in our country has been the highest we've seen in 60 years. Friends and family members are suffering due to the loss of jobs, investments gone bad, and cutbacks that seem to be everywhere.

Whenever I face situations I am having a hard time understanding, I have to park my mind with what I know to be true.  Keeping my mind saturated with truth, keeps Satan from being able to whisper dangerous assumptions, false accusations, and faith-eroding perspectives.

So, what is true in this situation?  What is true no matter what situation we are facing?

God is a good provider. 

This is true. This is where I must park my mind.  This is the reality that must saturate my thoughts.  This truth rises above our troubling circumstances and calls us to see life from a perspective outside our screaming realities.

God richly provides us with everything we need. 
The Bible tells us in Philippians 4:8-9 that if we think on what is true, the peace of God will be with us.  And ultimately, isn't peace what we want?  
Praise God, His peace is but an utterance of truth away.  So,  park your mind with His truth today.  And watch God's perfect provision of peace flood whatever dry and lacking ache you are experiencing right now.

Dear Lord, thank You for being my provider each day. Help me not to fear these times of hardship. Rather, help me to trust in You and Your ways more each day. My desire is to focus on what is true and believe that You will make the rough places smooth.  In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment